22: What to Do When You Feel Let Down
How do you handle being let down?
It can be hard not to take things personally, right?
Today we are going to talk about how to cope with letting yourself down and being let down by others.
The truth is, you’re probably telling yourself a story that’s not completely true, and when you know the true story, it’s a lot easier to control how you feel about it.
I’m bringing this up because I recently experienced being let down, and I’ve noticed some of my colleagues and clients being let down too.
We’re all human, so let’s talk about how to deal with these situations.
In Today’s Episode We Discuss:
- Managing expectations
- How to change the way you react to something negative
- The importance of going to the source of your information
- Getting the facts before you form your emotions
- How to get to a neutral headspace
- The importance of hearing where someone else is coming from
- Approaching a situation out of curiosity rather than anger or defeat
- Forgiving ourselves
Here’s your homework:
- Think about something that's let you down, and write out what expectation you had.
- Make sure that you have all the facts.
- Make sure you have a story based on reality and not on something your brain created.
- Finally, decide what you want to learn from it.
If you would like to work with me directly on a personal growth journey, head over to www.andrealiebross.com to schedule a free call, and we’ll talk about it!
For the full transcript of this episode CLICK HERE.
Where We Can Connect:
Other Episodes You'll Enjoy:
Subscribe & Review on Apple Podcasts
Are you subscribed to the podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to subscribe today so you don’t miss any future episodes! I have so many amazing guests and topics lined up, I would hate for you to miss a single one! Click here to subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Could I ask a big favor? If you are loving the show, I would LOVE it if you would leave me a review on Apple Podcasts. I read each and every one! Wondering how to leave a review? Click here to review, then select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review”. So easy and so appreciated!